LB had many admirers.

I remember vividly from the last time I saw him, probably in the early '90s.
Passing by me in some crowded place in Fairfield, he gave me his unique grin,
the almost imperceptible lifting of one side of his mouth and full gaze that
said so much while saying so little.

I feel like he was a friend, though I never knew him well.