--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008 <no_reply@...> wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Xenophaneros Anartaxius" <anartaxius@>
> wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008 <no_reply@> wrote:

> > > They naysayers on this list WANT the TMO to fail. The disgrunteled, lazy,
> > > and impatient, they want no TMO success. It's success would be the proof
> > > that they jumped the right ship and made the mistake of their lifetime.
> > >
> > > And don't get me started about the religious fundies here. Whenever a TMO
> > > success is reported somewhere in the world there are Buddhist here that
> > > get very, very upset.
> > >
> > The movement certainly has challenges now. Hey Nabby what is it with you
> > and Buddhists? Christians have been down on TM, Buddhists have been down on
> > TM. Atheists have been down on TM, Hindus have been down on TM. Is there
> > something specific about Buddhists that irks you? Most Buddhists, like the
> > majority of any religion, seem to be about as crazy as any other group.
>

> There hasen't been any Christians or Hindus here that have bad-mouthed
> Maharishi to the extreme calling him the most obscene words on a daily basis,
> but several so-called Buddhists.
>

> > We are now at the stage of TM where it either disappears, or transforms
> > into a religion, shedding its cult-like status and really becoming bonkers.
> > Remember M himself said that it would decay with time, and like this.
>

> You are simply not well informed. Or you choose to ignore the posts here
> documenting the huge success of the DLF and TMO in South- and
> Central-America, initiations on the rise everywhere and huge Palaces of Peace
> built in every corner of the globe. Why is that ?

Posts here are not documented normally, they merely state that such-and-such is
happening. I am aware initiations are on the rise. I have nothing against this.
I was talking about the longer term transformations that occur. Each generation
tinkers with what the founder left, and it changes and decays, because each
generation has to find a way for it to survive, if that is what the followers
want.

Eventually all that is left is a system of belief, and no result. I feel the
early stages of this are already apparent as far a shifts in people's
understanding. Even when he was alive, M said the error, the flaw, if you will,
had already happened. You recall that, whatever the status of a teacher, a
master, the followers tend to be out to lunch for a long time, maybe for their
whole lives, and assuming that a teacher is some kind of divine perfection of
knowledge does not mean that the majority of his/her followers are going to
have that same level of wisdom. That is the main reason spiritual movements
fall apart or become distorted.

That does not mean the movement will not have a resurgence now, but it is a
critical time. The org has to find a way to make TM seem relevant. People are
more spiritually aware these days, and the idea that one can experience
'enlightenment' is much more common, and lots of people, not only those who
were instructed in TM but in other systems of meditation are also having these
experiences, though many here think no result at all is all TM is. I disagree.
But results do vary from person to person. It might be better not to squander
resources on buildings and apply it to teaching others instead.

It took a long time for Christianity to mature while decaying, hundreds of
years, but the Christian message, for example, always had a kind of charity in
it, something the movement seems to lack, and that comes directly from M, and
that same lack of charity is found in the direct-line-of-succession followers.
You find lots of nice people in the lower levels of the TM org. At the top, you
find a kind of terminal weirdness and lack of humanity.

Perhaps the reasons for this is the resources (mental and physical) and passion
people have for teaching a particular kind of knowledge have to be diverted to
maintaining an organisation. This acts as a drag on the thrust of teaching.