I consider it foolish to take credit OR blame for weather patterns with respect
to the ME, and the ME is supposed to be based on some kind of mathematical
formula and until the minimal requirements are met, the theory predicts that
any positive effect will be drowned out by statistical noise.

How often has the minimal requirement been met for any specific region of the
world, letalone the entire world?

Do you know the answer?

If not, then your assumptions about what the ME is supposed to be doing (or not
doing) are without anything, even a bad theory, to back them up.