> Judy what this reminds me of is Maharishi's explanation that
> the three deepest levels of individuality are what he calls
> Iness, Amness, Isness, the latter being the deepest.  I like
> the word Isness because IMO it best avoids the connotation of
> an object, which so many phrases used in this context are
> unable to avoid.

Honestly, Share, I don't think the "hard problem" has much
of anything to do with this explanation of Maharishi's. I
think you miss what the discussion is about and thoroughly
confuse the issue if you try to see it in those very
esoteric terms.

Again, I'd recommend you have a look at Wikipedia's page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_problem_of_consciousness