 From: turquoiseb <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, June 6, 2013 10:09 AM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: help again!

> Xeno, I don't have more than one email address.  Thanks
> for helpful reply.  As for other request, a solution I
> tried last night didn't work.  This morning I was rushing
> as usual and hoping for a quick answer if one were possible.
> Ok, rushing again as doc wants fasting blood work which I'm
> off to do now.  On a totally empty stomach!
>
> PS  I know turq likes mountains but did he really have to
> make this molehill into one?!

BTW, above is what your text looks like when we try
to reply to it. The  marks are being inserted by
whatever program you're using to write to FFL.

And to "be helpful," I think I know how you can stop
it from doing so. The problem is the program's not
yours per se, but you're causing it by typing two
spaces after a period. That's an old convention
from typewriters, something that is never used in
actual publication, or (more relevant) in HTML.
HTML will strip out double spaces and replace them
with single spaces.

So, in a misguided attempt to keep it from doing
this, your program (probably Yahoo Mail) is, when
you type two spaces in a row, replacing the first
of them with a non-breaking space. This preserves
the double-spacing in HTML, but unfortunately
many browsers convert this non-breaking space to
the  symbol we see all over your posts.

As a guess, I'll bet that if you stopped typing
double spaces after every period, the problem
would go away.