All this pontificating from Barry is pretty funny, given
that the problem he's boasting about having solved *wasn't
what Share had been asking for help with*.

Rather, it's a problem *Barry* had with Share's posts, one
*he* brought up as part of his putdown of her for having
asked for help without giving sufficient information about
the problem she *did* want help with:

"Your question makes no sense whatsoever because you
didn't provide enough information. No one you're
asking has any idea which program you are using to
read Fairfield Life, and thus cannot comment. All
that we know is that the program is so ill-
behaved that it continues to insert these dumb
^A symbols at random in your posts when seen in
certain views."

The spurious-character problem was *not* keeping Share from
"doing her job," i.e., from posting to FFL. She didn't need
to have it solved. She apparently didn't even know about it.

Barry was the one with the problem. And while he's been
loudly tooting his own horn about having solved it, Share
still hasn't gotten any help with *her* problem.

(snip)