Hey Ravi, Thanks for responding, and sharing your thoughts.
Yes, I saw a lot of poverty in SE Asia, though it was not as pervasive and
intense as India's, so I've heard. We did, however, have our dog kidnapped
three times, for a ransom, but once my Dad saw that the routine was going to go
on forever, he had to let the dog go, likely for a meal.
I like your comparison of a nightclub to a festival. My wife and I used to find
these amazing clubs, about six months before they closed up for good. This one
place, and our last discovery, was called The Phoenix. Located on the second
floor of a building, with an large opening in the center of the club, looking
down into the fountain on the first floor. This divided the club into four
areas, dancing, drinking, games and lounging, and entrance/exit/restrooms. Very
cool place to go dancing - used to attract some good bands too.