--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, doctordumbass@... <no_reply@...> wrote:

> "From Wolverine to Wuss; Hugh Jackman's Tragic Slide Into Mellow", an HBO
> special.
>
> Excerpt: "Echoing the scene with the Blue Meanies, from the animated film,
> 'Yellow Submarine', the final indignity came as Wolverine tried to unleash
> his claws, and sprouted red roses, from his fingers, instead...".

Hugh Jackman: 'I'm A Little More Of A Wuss In Real Life'
May 4th, 2009 9:31am EDT |   By: Fred Topel     Add to My News
Like
0plusone0 Tweet0  2
X-Men Origins: Wolverine is the number-one movie in America, with Hugh
Jackman's fourth performance as the clawed superhero. It's not getting any
easier for the sex symbol though. If the fourth was this tough, he'll have to
work extra hard if he plays the X-man again.

"Okay, this is a little embarrassing but I'm a little more of a wuss in real
life, obviously, than my character," Jackman admitted. "There's a moment when
you're training where you just want to give up. I used to kind of imagine
myself, not when I was training with these guys because that'd be a little
embarrassing but when I was on my own with my trainer Michael, I used to kind
of imagine I was Wolverine. Somehow, it always got two or three more reps out
of me. It was also kind of humiliating with the yelling and it looked a little
silly."

The buffed out Jackman is really the only version that movie buffs, pun
intended, get to see. In real life, Jackman is used to a leaner frame. "My wife
used to constantly say, 'Hugh, this is ridiculous. Look at you. I don't even
know who you are.' Then she said, 'Now, get into bed.' No."

Truthfully, any physical advantage he gained with his Wolverine workout was
negated by his Wolverine hairdo. "There's a good and bad side to everything. I
also had to walk around with those mutton chops for six months. It kind of
looks all right in the film but in real life, with a baseball cap on at six
o'clock in the morning in the gym, it just looks odd, doesn't it?"