> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> > >
> > > Well done.  Just as a question, what does this principle
> > > have to say about multiple observers?  What does the
> > > potential do when suddenly observed simultaneously by
> > > two different observers?  Are there two waves, one for
> > > each observer, or is there only one, some kind of com-
> > > posite wave, generated by the combined influence of
> > > the two observers?
> >
> > Good question. There is no such thing as simultaneous
observation
> > though. It is similar to that space problem posed that if you
> > always travel just half the remaining distance to an object, you
> > will never reach the object.
>
> "Antelope Freeway, one-sixty-four mile."
>
> Anyone get that?  :-)

Firesign Theatre; Love those guys!

> > Same thing: No matter how closely two observers attempt to
observe
> > an object at the same time, they will never observe it at
exactly
> > the same time, and hence will always see the characteristics of
the
> > object differently.
>
> Ah, but what is "the same time?"
>
> What, for that matter, is time?  Quantum mechanically
> speaking, that is.

In my experience, time is memory. So the independent observer is a
fiction created by ourselves to independently 'create' time for
ourselves, through our memory. If two observers maintain the fiction
of being separate from each other, they will never observe the same
thing.

On the other hand, two observers can observe something at the same
time if each is aware of the other as themselves; wholeness
recognizing itself. Then there is only one time, one memory, and one
observation. The linkage or 'glue' occurs through the simultaneous
recognition of infinite Reality within both observers.

> > If you watch your own reality carefully, you will see through
> > direct
> > observation that what appears to be a seamless series of events
> > witnessed by you, forming a unified vision of the world, is, in
> > fact, a series of rapidly changing snapshots of the world,
> > interspersed by an equal number of direct observations of
infinity,
> > of infinite potential.
>
> Exactly why I love film and am writing a book about
> film and its relationship to the spiritual quest.
>
> > I am not speaking of theory here, but of direct observation. So
> > there is too much infinity, or infinite interference if you
will,
> > for two observers to observe something at exactly the same time.
>
> Thanks for your answers.  Really.  I bailed from the
> TM movement before I could catch too much of the
> "quantum mechanics is to TM as..." stuff.  But I do
> love hearing this stuff when it's expressed as
> eloquently as you do it.

Yep, when I heard all the quantum physics stuff in the TM movement
and later when I read Itzhak Bentov's brilliant book, 'Stalking the
Wild Pendulum', it was very interesting intellectually, though not
my moment to moment experience. It is a lot more fun to experience
as reality!

Oddly I don't experience the interleaving of time and space
observations with infinity during my meditation that I am aware of,
though commonly when I am just doing stuff like responding to your
post now.

> I guess what I was wondering about was whether
> quantum mechanics has dealt with what the Buddhists
> would call "interdependent origination."  That is,
> millions of observers perceiving the same potential
> at once, and the potential having to react to being
> pulled in millions of directions at once.
>
> Is there one composite movie, or many?

Both. It depends on the identity of the observer.