I work with a distributor, who makes my music available on Spotify, iTunes,
Amazon, etc. The amounts received by the distributor are passed onto me
transparently. The distributor's profit comes from the amount charged for each
album's distribution, and also the cut they take from direct sales. Spotify,
MediaNet, and Napster are three of the worst.