Generally
in Eastern or Western mysticism,

"Standardization is defined as best technical application consentual wisdom
inclusive of processes for selection in making appropriate choices for
ratification coupled with consistent decisions for maintaining obtained
standards. This view includes the case of "spontaneous standardization
processes", to produce de facto standards."

The East seems to have the standards down by experience.
-Buck