--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <LEnglish5@...> wrote:

> For what it is worth, the long-term EEG of TMers tends to be different than
> that found in people practicing concentrative (generic mantra meditation,
> such as the RR, compassion meditation, etc) or mindfulness practices. As
> well, these two practices tend to suppress the parts of the brain thought to
> be associated with sense of self, so on these measures, at least, TM and most
> other forms of meditation have opposite effects.
>
> Perhaps on some more fundamental level, all meditation practices lead to the
> same "place," and group meditation involving more than one school of
> meditation will indeed be beneficial for all concerned, but based on the
> theory that group meditation leads to synergy between practitioners, the
> current physiological evidence suggests that TMers and practitioners of other
> types of meditation aren't really going to reinforce any known aspect of
> their respective practices by getting together and practicing in groups.

Om no that is not right.  It is only part of the picture.  They [the TM
researchers] are not looking at the activation of the light body that happens
in groups meditating.  That is different than looking at alpha waves in the
head.  Atman man in the body.  The heart.  TM'ers left to themselves pretty
obviously are cut off from their hearts in the mental field of their heads.  A
field effect value of group meditation facilitates ensoulment of the light body
in the system.  Science is only just getting around to seeing the heart subtle
system that is the soul of the human spiritual life.  It is an amazing thing to
have a human life and sitting in group spiritual practice with other illumined
people is very much part of the territory for spiritual life.  Seek out good
spiritual company and sit with it.  Don't let silly things get in the way of
your meditation, group meditation and your own evolution like the vile
marketing of fear that TM is the only and best spiritual practice.  Spiritual
evolution is way more than just TM.  Find a good group to meditate with where
so ever you are.
Best Regards,
-Buck