MJ,

If this rumor were true, the Jewish Defense League would have told the press
about MMY's fascination.  For example, this group and some Jewish leaders have
complained to the press for years that Pope Pius XII did not do anything to
stop the Holocaust during WWII.  This was done recently since the Catholic
Church was thinking of canonizing the same pope as saint.  With such negative
press, the Church may delay the canonization process for at least another
generation.