40 years ago I read a document in the TM center about "The Absolute Theory of
Greatness." In this document various people from history were mentioned. The
premise, as I recall (and I could have this all wrong, due to time) was that
from the perspective of the absolute, a person's impact on the world
(Greatness) is based on how many people his life affects. Both Hitler and
Alexander the great were mentioned. Nature allows a truly great person to live
a very long time (108 years?)

I believe Veda Vyasa was mentioned as the greatest.

I could have this all wrong.