--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Stanley" <j_alexander_stanley@...>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Richard J. Williams" <punditster@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Let's face it, being in a foreign country, you're
> > probably getting traced every day everywhere you go
> > and every time you use Wi-Fi to go online. Go figure.
>
> As a frequent user of free WiFi, he could be making the
> wise choice to use a VPN service to maintain privacy
> and security. If he's doing his corporate gig work on
> the same laptop that he posts with, I would sure as
> hell hope he's using a VPN service!

Another, possibly saner approach, is to have an
"open life," in the sense that one really Doesn't
Give A Shit what anyone knows about his life.

I mean, I *pity* the poor spook or corporate hacker
who gets assigned to monitoring *my* life, online
or real. Poor fuck is going to die of boredom. :-)

After all, it's mainly internal -- both at work and
at play in my cafes. At work, I get input for the
docs I have to write mainly over the Net. I then
synthesize them and translate them from nerd-speak
into people-speak and write them down. At play, I
sometimes do the same thing with trends here at FFL.

Either way, Big Fuckin' Whoop. If anyone has problems
with my lifestyle, I sincerely hope that the world
has not grown So Fucked Up that anyone would have
the power to do anything about it. I am essentially
a boring, introverted writer. At work, I get paid to
channel that talent into usable information for an
International Corporate Giant, one that pays me
handsomely. At play, I don't get paid at all. At
least not here on FFL.

Quite honestly, I don't see me and my chosen lifestyle
popping to the top of any Anti-Terrorism Watchlist.
Not even any Anti-God or Anti-All-Things-Good Watchlist.

Except here.

FFL seems to be the only place where people think of
me that way. That's probably the thing that keeps
me around...the humor of it all.  :-)  :-)  :-)