...this Amazon review is written by an M$ or "Mokia" employee:

11 of 12 people found the following review helpful

5.0 out of 5 stars When in doubt, just capture the whole thing and forget about
it, August 5, 2013

By Sky Blue (germany) - See all my reviews

This review is from: Nokia Lumia 1020, Yellow (AT&T) (Wireless Phone)
The other day I visited a local violin shop and was reading boardfull of ads,
standing in front of a wall in the shop, as I was searching for a violin
instructor. Suddenly a thought came into my mind - 'Wait, why am I doing this?
All I have to do is to take a photo of the entire wall from a few steps back,
go home, blow it up on my computer screen, and I can read even the finest fonts
on the ads including contacts.' Old habits die hard and I was not utilizing my
new Lumia 1020 until this idea hit me! So I did just that, and bingo, there was
nothing I could not read at home, even though the photo was taken under dim
light of the shop! (By the way this camera has xenon flash as well, but ISO
4000 did the trick without the flash.)

You cannot possibly know the usefulness or desirability of something until you
have one. Someone once said, "The world never needed Beethoven's ninth symphony
until he created it. Now the world cannot live without it." You cannot know how
convenient it is to have a camera that is far sharper than your own eyes until
you have one. No matter where you go, you have the world's best capturing and
recording device with you. I can think of infinite uses. I have graduated
college ages ago, but if I can go back to the bright college years, I would no
longer need to take the notes, at least not from the blackboard -- I can simply
capture the entire blackboard image when the professor is done filling it up
and should be able to read the faintest chalk writing later in my room.

By the way, 41 Megapixel does not mean you will get 41 megabyte size photo
files with every shot you take! Thanks to the amazing Pureview technology that
packs 7 mega into each mega "super" pixel, you get a 5 megabyte photo plus 1
megabyte email attachment size automatically. You can further crop anyway you
want on your camera and the result will be still far better than any smartphone
photography in the world, if not most compact digital cameras. (Sad to say, I
think this really nailed the last one on the coffin of the category called
"compact digital cameras." Who needs those now when Lumia 1020 has a better
lens, better sensor, far better software technology, and you can even use it as
a phone?)

With Lumia 1020, the background passerby's face will be sharper than the
carefully composed shot of your grandma that you took with your Galaxy -- that
is unless you intentionally tried "outfocusing" effect which you can also do
with this super smartphone. So if you need to capture certain information but
unsure of which to take, or if you are not sure of the composition of your
shot, just capture the whole thing and then worry about it later -- you can
crop, view, do whatever you want and your photo will still retain that sharp
resolution.

OTHER PLUSES:

-Windows Phone 8 is EXTREMELY stable. I repeat: no crashes whatsoever. Totally
different experience from using Android.
-Double Core Lumia 1020 certainly feels whole a lot faster than the quadcore
Galaxy S3 I used. I think quadcore is a marketing ploy, a gimmick.
-Touch is so much more accurate than all android systems I used including
Galaxy S3 and Nexus 7. So much fewer mistyped characters when writing emails or
sending messages.
-Separate and independent camera button (real, physical one) a big plus. No
need to go through the app process to take a picture. It's like having a
completely dual identity: a phone and a camera. Neither is subordinated to the
other. Each stands on its own.
-Best of all, wifi and 4G LTE data switching is seamless and fast. My Galaxy S3
used to search for the "right" wifi or data all the time and when the wifi
signal was weak, it would not work at all so that I would have to "turn off"
wifi when there was weak wifi around just to use the data. No such things ever
happened. Extremely strong wifi signal reception and superfast 4G LTE with
AT&T. Totally happy with this.
-Having "Live Tiles" is like having widgets in lieu of app icons. They display
information in the absence of activating the app such as where you last left
off in your Kindle, what appointment you have today, etc. Furthermore, you can
change the sizes of them (just like widgets) so that you can vary the sizes
according to each app's importance, how much information you want to view
without activating the app, etc.
-Rock solid. I dropped mine twice without any protection from about 1.5 meter
heights. Not a scratch.
-Beautifully organized file system. With Android, the pictures I took were all
over the folders. This is whole a lot neater.
-Beautifully organized email system. I have my major email in the biggest
square tile and 4 minor emails in smaller square tiles next to it, and since
each tile indicates a new email I can instantly tell which email address just
got a new email just from the screen without activating anything.

Minuses to Others (Not to me):

-No instagram support and no Temple Run. (Frankly, I could not care less. All
the major apps I use are there -- Viber, Office, Facebook, Dropbox, Twitter,
Chessgenius, Amazon, Kindle, Yelp, Flixster, Skype, etc.)
-$300 with 2 year contract. Good things cost money in life - I get over it.
(Frankly, I would have paid $300 even without the phone -- just to use the
phenomenal digital zoom camera that is both wifi and data capable.)
Help other customers find the most helpfu