 From: Bhairitu <noozg...@sbcglobal.net>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, August 11, 2013 4:21 PM
Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Perceptive film review

On 08/11/2013 01:42 PM, Share Long wrote:
> Bhairitu, when I went to see DMe2, there was a rugrat (so much for my
> maternal instincts!) kicking my seat from behind. So I moved one over.
> Somehow, the little darling still found a way to kick my seat now and then.
> Maybe I was laughing too much.

A friend who went to see a matinee tells a story about a mom and her
kids at a movie talking and kicking her seat.  When she turned around
and told them to stop kicking the mom got up and came over and slugged her.

My nephew went to a movie where some teen were being noisy so went to
the lobby and asked for them to be thrown out which they were. When he
left they were waiting outside and jumped him.

The last time I went to the theater in Concord it was to see the Ashley
Judd indie movie by William Friedkin. Not a film for mindless teens but
a teenage boy and a couple of girls came and sat down two rows in front
of me (apparently after having seen another film), played with their
phones and talked incessantly.  You don't know how close I got to
getting up, going over the row of seats in front of me and kicking the
boy in the head.  This is why I think of most of the human race as pond
scum and see plenty of evidence of it everyday.

> If only they had healthy stuff to eat and drink, I wouldn't mind paying high
> prices. But I don't dare get extra *butter.* And of course with sodas, you
> might as well inject the sugar right into your veins!

Some of the theaters around here serve more than popcorn.  There have
been some "dinner" movie theaters I've been to where they served wine,
beer, pizza and pasta.  Great fun!

OTOH, I went to a theater with relatives in Berkeley on the 4th of July
which was not a dinner theater and some guy proceeded to bring in a box
lunch of fried chicken munching away at it during the film and annoying
everyone.

> The first time I went to the movies *with* my best friend, she informed me,
> as we walked into the theater, that she likes to sit alone during a movie so
> she can get totally absorbed in it! Plus it turned out she and I have
> different taste in movies: she got me to see Mamma Mia!

I'm curious if my friend who just had a kid is going to come by and want
to see Elysium since his wife doesn't like those kind of movies and
probably wants to give him a bit of a break.  Now if he can stay awake
through it is another matter.  He had trouble with that before he was
married. :-D