He doesn't appear to mention TM at all....

And why would people be unable to do TM because of face blindness or any of the
other issues mentioned?

Dementia to the point that they can't remember instructions would prevent
someone from learning/practicing TM, and no doubt specific brain injuries can
cause problems that TM teachers don't know how to workaround, but that's
different than generic "brain damage" preventing you from learning TM.