Ahaha  sacré bleu that were hiLARious(pronounce: hill LAAAR ee us )
reading moments!

"Sure, deck your limbs in pants;
Yours are the limbs, my sweeting.
You look divine as you advance,
HiLARious when retreating."
--Ogden Nash, with some modification of his droll verse with its
unconventional rhymes.Ogden Nash wrote those lines in the 1930s, when
people still looked with a more  attachment to  beauty looked up every
time an airplane flew over, and a woman by who wore pants was either an
actress or an athlete. Nash could hardly have foreseen the day when, at
high noon, two out of every five women passing TurquoisB French Cafe
mosaic table would be dressed in trousers. The fact that women's pants
are...and want to sit on TurquoisB lap...
But  sacré bleu  prepare yourself to set into a rekindling of a very
very American great satire with this very sick man, in the very best
sense of that word -Christ Moore.The very blender of surreal, occult,
and even science-fiction, lampooner of Shakespeare, San Francisco
vampires, marine biologists, Death…even Jesus Christ and Santa
Claus!-who cares-with franchise-like-franc-free repeating characters and
setting
Very...what?mmmh privilege?
http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=franchise&allowed_in_frame=0
<http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=franchise&allowed_in_frame=0>

  <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franchising#cite_note-1>

http://www.france24.com/en/20130820-french-animators-universal-despicabl\
\
> e-me-2-profits
> > le-me-2-profits>
> If only this keeps up, my worth for the trade may help me become the
> likes, like moving from Mountain View to Palo Alto, but it is all the
> same here, so no worries.  "C'est la vie"       BON APPETIT     *Lawd
>

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, turquoiseb  wrote:
> >
> > 11. Violate any of these rules if you're a good enough -- or funny
> > enough -- writer to get away with it.
> >
> > I mention this rule because I've finally got the time to finish
> reading
> > Christopher Moore's "Sacre Bleu" and my sides ache from laughing. If
> > some editor who'd never written a publishable word in his or her
life
> > but who considered himself/herself an expert anyway had convinced
him
> > "kill his darlings," the book would be one-third the length it is,
and
> > one-twentieth as funny. Chris definitely knows the truth of "If
you're
> > not having fun [writing], you're doing it wrong."
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "salyavin808"  wrote:
> > >
> > > Elmore Leonard's rules for writers
> > >
> > > Next month, the doyen of hardboiled crime writers is publishing a
> new
> > > book, 10 Rules of Writing. The following is a brief summary of his
> > > advice
> > >
> > > 1 Never open a book with weather. If it's only to create
atmosphere,
> > and
> > > not a charac­ter's reaction to the weather, you don't want to
go
> on
> > > too long. The reader is apt to leaf ahead look­ing for people.
> > There
> > > are exceptions. If you happen to be Barry Lopez, who has more ways
> > than
> > > an Eskimo to describe ice and snow in his book Arctic Dreams, you
> can
> > do
> > > all the weather reporting you want.
> > >
> > > 2 Avoid prologues: they can be ­annoying, especially a prologue
> > > ­following an introduction that comes after a foreword. But
these
> > are
> > > ordinarily found in non-fiction . A prologue in a novel is
> > > backstory, and you can drop it in anywhere you want. There is a
> > prologue
> > > in John Steinbeck's Sweet Thursday, but it's OK because a
character
> in
> > > the book makes the point of what my rules are all about. He says:
"I
> > > like a lot of talk in a book and I don't like to have nobody tell
me
> > > what the guy that's talking looks like. I want to figure out what
he
> > > looks like from the way he talks."
> > >
> > > 3 Never use a verb other than "said" to carry dialogue. The line
of
> > > dialogue belongs to the character; the verb is the writer sticking
> his
> > > nose in. But "said" is far less intrusive than "grumbled",
"gasped",
> > > "cautioned", "lied". I once noticed Mary McCarthy ending a line of
> > > dialogue with "she asseverated" and had to stop reading and go to
> the
> > > dictionary.
> > >
> > > 4 Never use an adverb to modify the verb "said" . . . he
admonished
> > > gravely. To use an adverb this way (or almost any way) is a mortal
> > sin.
> > > The writer is now exposing himself in earnest, using a word that
> > > distracts and can interrupt the rhythm of the exchange. I have a
> > > character in one of my books tell how she used to write historical
> > > romances "full of rape and adverbs".
> > >
> > > 5 Keep your exclamation points ­under control. You are allowed
no
> > > more than two or three per 100,000 words of prose. If you have the
> > knack
> > > of playing with exclaimers the way Tom Wolfe does, you can throw
> them
> > in
> > > by the handful.
> > >
> > > 6 Never use the words "suddenly" or "all hell broke loose". This
> rule
> > > doesn't require an explanation. I have noticed that writers who
use
> > > "suddenly" tend to exercise less control in the application of
> > > exclamation points.
> > >
> > > 7 Use regional dialect, patois, sparingly. Once you start spelling
> > words
> > > in dialogue phonetically and loading the page with
apos­trophes,

http://www.theguardian.com/books/2010/feb/24/elmore-leonard-rules-for-wr\
\