http://lmgtfy.com/?q=I+love+trouble

> Whatever it was, it was something that wasn't generally known
> about or talked about.

It was about an evil chemical company selling hormones
to milk producers for their cows that the company knew
caused cancer in those who drank the milk. (Actually the
movie wasn't "about" that; it was a romantic comedy with
a mystery. The cancer-causing hormone aspect wasn't
revealed to be the solution to the mystery until near
the end of the film.)

The FDA approved the use of synthetic bovine growth
hormone in 1993. The movie came out in 1994. There's
always been controversy about whether the hormone is
safe for humans, but there have been many studies, and
there's no conclusive evidence that it's a threat
(although it causes health problems in cows, making
them more vulnerable to mastitis, which means they're
given more antibiotics, and *that* may be the real
threat to human health).

Bottom line, the movie did not reveal anything that was
not already generally known, and it's fictional in that
we do *not* know that this hormone causes cancer in
humans; as noted, there's no hard evidence to that
effect.

*Natural* estrogen found in cows' milk *has* been linked
(though not conclusively) to increased rates of certain kinds of cancers. But
that
has nothing to do with bovine growth hormone.