 From: salyavin808 <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, September 1, 2013 1:51 PM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] RE: 20 Big Questions.

 "I'd say it makes perfect sense that people *get religious* about the pre
universe. That perfect sense, I'd speculate, is derived from the nature of the
brain itself. Surely there's a part of the physical brain that is associated
with thoughts about, belief in, disbelief in God, etc."

Ah yes, of course it makes sense for us to speculate in such ways but what I'm
getting at is that it makes no *scientific* sense to speculate. Scientific
meaning an actual attempt to understand in a real, provable way that a theory
about something is correct rather than pushing the explanation onto something
ineffable.

Creating creators is definitely a brain function, it seems so obvious -
something complex must have been created by something more complex. What
science has conclusively shown is that everything is self-assembling. Plenty of
mysteries to be sure (hence the article) but it isn't looking good for
traditional models of theology.

--- In fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com, <no_re...@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 "Actually there are religious answers to that specific question, Why is there
something rather than nothing? that make a lot of sense, but you wouldn't know
that unless you engaged with them. Hint: Those answers don't conflict with
science."

There aren't any that make any sense. Not if you understand that our universe
and everything in it started at the point of the big-bang. Anything from before
then wouldn't have survived it, or if you think it did you're going to need a
pretty damn good explanation as to how.  This why they conflict with science,
it's all special pleading "our sort of theological matter *might* have
survived" until you can point to it and explain how it works it can only be
hopeful and unnecessary speculation.

Or is it? that sort of behaviour just might be the preserve of the almighty....

By "engage" do you mean "believe" because I have yet to come across anything
convincing about creators. Probably just some theological philosopher. Lot of
that sort of thing about these days.

--- In fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com, <no_re...@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Not so!

--- In fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com, <punditster@...> wrote:

Apparently you can't post to this group without showing your email address.