Doc, I'm pretty sure that dear Woody was referring to California, specifically
LA when he made that comment to she who wanted to visit there, Annie Hall. I'm
just sayin...

________________________________
 From: "doctordumb...@rocketmail.com" <doctordumb...@rocketmail.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, September 4, 2013 8:17 AM
Subject: RE: Re: [FairfieldLife] RE: RE: RE: The betrayal by Western students

 "As if one is swimming in lively consciousness all day long." A good
description of my memories of Fairfield. Still too far from the coast, though.
I really enjoyed living in that area when development of my consciousness was
paramount, though it was always a means to an end, because, in Woddy Allen's
immortal words, "I don't mellow, I rot". Here, I have the ocean, the bay, views
of mountains, and a vibrant urban environment seeded amongst all of that. And
7-11's.:-)

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

And I still think that the community of FF is one of the sweetest legacies that
Maharishi left us. Words cannot do justice to what it is like to live here. As
if one is swimming in lively consciousness all day long. Ordinary life, but
with a sweetness, a simplicity, a non frantic vibrancy. Obviously it is not for
everyone. I say obviously because even long term TMers are not flocking here.
The weather is a challenge. And it is a small town in the middle of the corn
and soy fields. And it is the world's washing machine so there is the
unstressing that bubbles up with various courses, etc. I feel very fortunate to
be living here and am grateful to everyone who makes it as special as it is.