Turquoise, thanks for your comments. I agree about Highway 61
Revisited,
although I can't remember all that was on it. Those songs were
life-changers.
Nothing much else got through to me in those long-gone days. Part 2
of the
documentary is just as good as the first part, so get the DVD as soon
as you
can! In part 2 there are some clips of Dylan "speaking" to the press
on various
occasions. Of course, he didn't really speak at all. He didn't know
what the
questions were about. He couldn't talk about his own work. It struck
me that
when he was singing, composing and performing, he was a force of
nature,
unstoppable. The daemon had alighted on him, and he was in another
place
altogether. He'd received The Gift. But when the performance was
over, the
Gift departed and would not translate itself into any other form. So
Dylan was
left inarticulate, ordinary, not interesting at all. But that music!