From: "authfri...@yahoo.com" <authfri...@yahoo.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, September 27, 2013 11:59 AM
Subject: RE: Re: [FairfieldLife] RE: RE: The Beast and the unborn

Mike objected:

Somehow, I'm not seeing how it would be possible for a soul to intentionally
intend to be aborted, since the preservation of one's own life is so ingrained
in our very being, an evolutionary force so to speak.

Well, when we're embodied it is. But in between lives, presumably the soul
knows that physical death doesn't mean the end of one's existence.

What a slippery slope to start down, fetal suicide. Kind of goes against
anything the Buddha taught about all sentient beings.< It's not just reasonable
to have high intentions, it's essential. Once you start lowering the standard
for life, it will be easier to lower it again and again and again. Do we want
to evolve in the direction of life or in the direction of death?

We might want to evolve in the direction of effective, easily available birth
control, thorough sex education, and eradication of poverty so that unwanted
pregnancies are reduced to a minimum.