Any knowledge is a prison, not just TM knowledge. That's not just what
Krishnamurti says, but Maharishi said this himself about the knowledge he was
teaching. It's a conditioning of the mind.

 At my time, which was before the siddhis,  there was much emphasis to get
fertilizers asap. That's why you don't understand, how transcendence could get
'lively'. You do not need to understand the technicalities of Samput, but like
for everything else, Maharishi had a substitute explanation for it, which was
carefully explained at advanced meetings.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 You have to be exceptionally resource challenged, these days, to consider the
TM knowledge, a "prison". Also, TM, imo, is not for people who want to over
intellectualize everything. It either works, or it doesn't, and knowing what
samput is, ultimately makes no difference, wrt its effectiveness. For one
thing, these so-called Advanced Techniques are not a prerequisite for any other
program, like the TMSP. Never saw the need for one, myself.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 Samput are the extra words added.  For instance they may add extra bijas to
Gayatri to make it more powerful.  This, of course, is stuff that TM never
students but information often explained in other traditions.  Gotta step
outside the "prison" to learn it. ;-)

 On 10/09/2013 12:29 PM, turquoiseb wrote:

   --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,
Bhairitu wrote:

 > Aing is the bija. The advanced technique is a long form mantra with
 > extra samput added.

 So 'samput' is like a kind of spiritual cheerleader squad, to give
 the bija team some extra ooomph?

 "Gimme a Shri, gimme a Shri, gimme a Namah Namah Namah!"

 Would we call them the Pushpam Girls? (initiator joke)

 :-)