Judy,

 Someone should tell our politicians in Washington DC to consult the I Ching to
solve the debt-ceiling crisis.  They better hurry before it's too late.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 Great article.  I like this quote also:

 "..Uncertainty is not just an adventitious fault that can one day be
eradicated. It is also a part of being a human, with limited knowledge, in an
endlessly complex world. And given that we will never have the complete
knowledge to which we might aspire, we must always act in the twilight between
certainty and uncertainty, between knowing and unknowing."

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 Now there is the kind of man I would like to meet. Someone looking to have
their opinions and fixed ideas proved wrong. Someone who welcomes the
opportunity to be thrown into a world of newer, different possibilities perhaps
putting them beyond their current comfort zone. It takes no small amount of
courage to feel like this. This is how I read it anyway. Reminds me of a guy
called RWC.

---In fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com, <authfriend@...> wrote:

 Fascinating essay on the I Ching by Will Buckingham, a philosopher and
novelist. Money quote:

 "...Sitting with the coins or yarrow stalks in my hand, going through the
ritual of asking the I Ching a question, I am not looking for some irrational
mystical guidance. Instead, I am looking for a release from the prison of
competing certainties, a way of letting loose the simmering doubts and
confusions that accompany all thought, so that I can take advantage of their
creative richness. In other words, I use the I Ching not as a certainty
machine, but as an uncertainty machine. Dissolving false certainties, it
integrates the fact of unknowing into the fabric of my thinking, opening me up
to hitherto unimagined possibilities, scattering the monotony of my either-or
dilemmas into a myriad of forking paths...."

 Read more:

http://www.aeonmagazine.com/altered-states/the-i-ching-is-an-uncertainty-machine