Re "Thus, there is a strong argument for having a cohesive family unit in order
to have a stable population in any country.":
 That makes good sense . . . but would you *completely* rule out a genetic
component in this case? It's such a controversial minefield, and - rather like
global warming - you need to invest so much effort into studying the relevant
data that I can't be bothered. I'd keep an open mind though.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

  Carde,

 According to Wikipedia, the Jewish population is only about 2 percent of the
entire US population.  But they do appear to have many successful people in
this country, including Einstein and Barbara Streisand.  IMO, it shows that the
Jewish families encourage their children to be successful in whatever field
they choose to work in.

 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Jews
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Jews

 Thus, there is a strong argument for having a cohesive family unit in order to
have a stable population in any country.  If the family unit is in disarray,
guess what would happen to the entire country?

---In fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com, <cardemaister@...> wrote:

 I'm afraid without Abraham's descendants US might be way worse off, or stuff.

 In scientific documentaries from the US of A, usually at least a half of the
experts interviewed appear to have Jewish family names??

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 Would you believe Russia is on top of this list?  And, the USA is only on the
5th place.  But the US has a secret weapon by offering "Genius" visas to the
best and brightest from countries around the world.

 http://finance.yahoo.com/news/most-educated-countries-world-102232490.html
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/most-educated-countries-world-102232490.html