Barry wrote:
 (snip)
 > There is simply NOTHING that any of its detractors
> could make up about the TMO that is worse or more
> damning than stuff it's already done.

 Well, heck, you made this up:

 > I would suggest that sponsoring "Immortality
> Courses" that promise you'll never die if you
> take them and charging a fortune for them falls
> into the same ballpark re the TMO.

 You know, it's odd, but generally speaking, the older one
 gets, the better sense of proportionality one has. With
 Barry, it's the reverse:

 > In other contexts, a great recent quote was that

 > the Republican Party has made satire redundant.
> Because nothing that people can dream up to say
> about them is as bad as the stuff they really do.

 To suggest that the TMO has ever done anything
 anywhere near as bad as the stunt the Republicans just
 tried, in terms of sheer malice, recklessness, and wanton
 destructiveness, is simply insane.

 For once, Share made a meaningful observation:

 "turq, dummy or not, one thing I get is that some people are just as invested
in trashing the TMO as they say others are in not trashing it!"

 "Invested in" doesn't quite cover it, though, in Barry's case. Obsessed by  or
consumed by trashing the TMO are more like it.