One time I interviewed for a job publishing menus for restaurants around
town using Microsoft Word. Rita had a temp desktop publishing job several
years ago. She was doing the newsletters and magazines for twenty small
suburban enclaves around San Antonio. The company, 'Neighborhood News', had
a PC with Microsoft Publisher on it. Lame! We both learned how to use Quark
Xpress in graphics school. Go figure.

So, I told my grandson to check this out:

[image: Inline image 1]

Bay College:
1 W Campbell Avenue, Campbell, CA
http://www.baycollegeca.org/index.php?curpage=deg_digitalarts

"NewTek ignited the desktop video revolution, and television production was
never the same..."

Newtek:
5131 Beckwith Blvd.
San Antonio, TX 78249
http://www.newtek.com/company/careers.html

If you plan on going to an technology interview soon, here are some tips:

3. Technology. Take a look at the kind of desktops, mobile technology and
video/projection equipment being used around the office. If it all appears
cutting-edge, that can indicate the firm values up-to-date technology.

Read more:

7 Critical Observations to Make While Waiting to Interview:
http://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/interview<http://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/outside-voices-careers/2013/10/22/7-critical-observations-to-make-while-waiting-to-interview>