Hospitals only record the generic TOB (i.e. when the attending

 nurses look to the clock). They don't have astrological thinking, so
 they look only for the general time (live birth was about 10:28 am).

 The one degree per six minutes effect doesn't doesn't exist for them

---In fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com, <j_alexander_stanley@...> wrote:

 This morning, a weird dream woke me up at a little before 2am, and my first
thought was that it would be cool to watch my digital radio-controlled clock
shift back to standard time. But, at the top of the hour, the clock stayed on
2am, and I realized that I had woken up during the second 1am hour. And, it got
me wondering how astrology deals with the one day of the year in DST areas
where there are two periods of 1:00am to 1:59am. I guess if an astrologer has
to deal with a 1am hour "fall back" morning birth time that doesn't specify DST
or standard time, he'll have to run both charts and see which one is the better
fit. I'd like to assume that hospitals would make a point of taking note of
which 1am hour, but I know from my own birth certificate that hospitals aren't
always focused on recording accurate birth time.