--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rory Goff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, akasha_108 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> > And it was a JOKE! An exageration. A satire. Jojeful ribbing. Meant
> > in fun.
>
> Yes, I got it, my friend! I appreciate it! :-D
>
> I am sure (as Judy says) I *do* overuse the *lol*s and the :-)s, so
> that I may seem insincere, and so you can't tell here when I am
> specifically laughing at (and with) what you say. But what can I say?
> In the flesh I do smile and laugh most of the time, and my words just
> seem so flat and serious here without the accompanying cues!
> :-)

It's a problem.  I share your frustration with it
being misunderstood sometimes.  Many people are
so bloody SERIOUS that they just can't "get"
someone who isn't, and who is laughing much of
the time.  So you try to use emoticons to get
the point across, and it has the opposite effect,
and they get even more uptight.  Go figure.