"MZ" is short for Masked Zebra, which was Robin's handle. It's his idea
Yifuzero is talking about.

 Seraphina wrote:

 > Re "An interesting speculative idea by MZ - that the Holy Spirit vacated the
 > scene after the WWII Monte
 > Cassino bombing."
 >
 > I've heard that idea before - but can't recall who said it. So who is "MZ"
 > and why do you expect us to
 > recognise the initials?
 >
 > Surely the Holy Spirit doesn't split when the going gets tough?

 Actually Robin thought it was the Holy Trinity en masse, as it were, who fled
the scene and was no longer accessible to human beans. He never really said why
he thought that. I always inferred it was similar to God inflicting the Flood
on humankind: The extraordinary brutality of WWII led God to become fed up with
human behavior and decide to leave us to our own devices. Why the Monte Cassino
bombing was the straw the camel stepped on and broke, I have no idea.