Translation: Barry's attempt to trash me got trashed, and he's pissed off.

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <turquoiseb@...> wrote:

 See Share, *this* is what I mean about the difference between
 simply presenting one's opinion, and getting one's ego-panties
 in a twist, and trying to turn it into a "battle" that's all going
 on inside the egomaniac's head.

 All I did is present an opinion. I even said at the end that
 that was *all* it was.

 --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,
wrote:

 > Barry wrote:
 > (snip)
 > > This said, I disagree with whoever suggested that Stephen King
 "needs editing."

 > As if Barry didn't know who that person was. What a coward.
 >

 > > I find reading his latest work a refreshing throwback to the days
 in which writers didn't pander to attention
 > > spans shortened by a lifetime's exposure to "sound bites" and
 artificially shortened exposition.

 > Bullshit. That isn't what editing is, and it isn't what King needed.
 As he so often does, Barry simply made a stooooopid assumption that
 would give him a reason to take a shot at me for making a point he
 didn't understand in the first place. Such a phony.

 > I dare him to read "Duma Key" and tell us he thought its second half
 didn't need to be heavily pruned and shaped. (Remember, I said the first
 half--where the exposition takes place--was brilliant.)

 > I don't, frankly, know (and neither does Barry) whether in his heyday
 King himself had an infallible sense of how much was enough, or whether
 it was a savvy editor. But if it was his own sense, for sure he had lost
 it in some of his recent books and lacked an editor with the guts to
 keep him on track. If he has regained it (or has realized he needed an
 editor), good for him.