Ann,

 Thanks for the excellent photos you presented.  It appears that you like
pictures of women that are natural without makeup.  Did you take the photos
yourself.

 From what I've seen, the Miss Universe contest has become big business.  Bill
Trump himself estimated that about a billion people in the world watched the
contest.  So, there is a big incentive for the contestants to present
themselves in the best way possible.

 I have a hunch that there is a secret formula that each country has to win the
contest as often as possible.  It appears that Venezuela has a winning formula
since they've won many of these contests for the past ten years or so.

 There is also the element of social expectation for this event.  The higher
the expectation then there is more incentive for the young women to participate
in these contests for fame and notoriety.

 But the contest lately has become a vehicle to make social statements and
changes.  In particular, the contest organizers hired a host who is openly gay.
 So, this is a tacit statement that Russia's policies against the LGBT
community in their country are archaic and out of touch with the current world
thinking.

 IMO, the contest judges further appeared to have made a political statement by
denying the Russian contestant a place as one of the five finalists.  From what
I've seen, she certainly was attractive enough to be a finalist.  Ordinarily,
this would have been expected since Russia is the host country of this year's
event.

 In summary, this contest is not necessarily a beauty competition alone.  But
it has become a political one as well.

---In fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com, <awoelflebater@...> wrote:

 Some examples, for me, of believable women (visually).

---In fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com, <awoelflebater@...> wrote:

---In fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com, <jr_esq@...> wrote:

  Ann,

 How do you define a real woman using your criteria?  By the way, there are
many people who watch the Miss Universe contest.  I happen to be interested in
it for reasons that you can probably guess.  But I didn't watch the show
tonight.  I just read the news on the internet and passed it along to the group
in case anyone is interested in this kind of activity.

 I LIKE the fact that you watch the Miss Universe contest Jr (or at least keep
tabs on the front runners) - you are an anomaly in my book and you are honest
enough to admit you like to look at the beautiful specimens of what some of the
world has come to think of as "women". Probably more than a few of the men here
would not like to admit this might be a guilty pleasure for them (not because
there is anything wrong with oogling these beauty queens but most would like to
think of themselves above such superficiality).

 Defining a "real woman" would take too long here but to answer specifically
what I think is unreal about the images of these women (who are real enough
underneath the patina of fake tans, gobs of makeup and hair gel) is a bit
easier. It is the images, the actual renderings and presentation of these
people that is unreal. The photographs are so airbrushed and shopped that they
become plastic looking and without a drop of red blood anywhere in evidence
coursing through these women's veins. The unrealness is that everyone knows
that no one actually looks like this and it makes me laugh a bit, that's all.
It is so patently artificial and is somehow thought to represent the pinnacle
of beauty. The images presented to the public via these photos is very like the
computer-generated characters in films like "Toy Story" and more recent ones of
that genre whose names escape me at the moment. While they might resemble human
beings enough as to be recognizable as such ultimately, if one were to wake up
and look at the body lying next to you and they looked flawless like that, it
would give one quite a start - and not in a good way.

---In fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com, <awoelflebater@...> wrote:

 Thanks for the update but this specimen still doesn't quite look like a real
woman to me. I wouldn't have pegged you for a watcher of the Miss Universe
contest Jr.

---In fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com, <jr_esq@...> wrote:

 Buck and Ann,

 The winner this year is Miss Venezuela.  Doesn't she look like Raquel Welch?

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/venezuelan-crowned-miss-universe-moscow-ceremony-202053448.html

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/venezuelan-crowned-miss-universe-moscow-ceremony-202053448.html

 I personally feel that this is a news worthy event.  Why would anyone think
otherwise?

---In fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com, <dhamiltony2k5@...> wrote:

 So it would be good, to have better writing and more self-editing on FFL.

 -Buck

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <jr_esq@...> wrote:

 Miss USA has a good chance.  It all depends on what she says in the Q and A
portion of the contest.  But the competition will be tough this year.

http://content2.catalog.photos.msn.com/ds/ee58ec8f-2275-4bd0-92e2-65a73bab924d.jpg

http://content2.catalog.photos.msn.com/ds/ee58ec8f-2275-4bd0-92e2-65a73bab924d.jpg