Another film that showed up this weekend on Netflix WI is "Grabbers" which is an Irish comedy sci-fi monster film. The residents of an island find they have to get drunk to repel attacks by alien monsters because the monsters don't like people with alcohol in their blood. There is also a homage to Gremlins in it.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1525366/

http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Grabbers/70228190