--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "TurquoiseB"  wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,  wrote:
> >
> > Re "Derren definitely possesses unusual abilities":
> >
> >  Yes, but not *psychic* abilities. He uses NLP trickery
(eye-movement
> cues); lip-reading expertise; amazing memory recall; covert hypnosis;
> muscle reading; old-fashioned conjuring ; . . . ; but nothing that
can't
> be understood by a hard-nosed scientist.
>

> So do the psychics.
>
> That's his point. Funny how some miss it.

For the record, my point is that it strikes me as much more likely that
psychics are using the skills above to do what they do subconsciously
than that they are able to do what they do because some supernatural
entity is helping them to, also subconsciously.

The "psychics" using these techniques don't have to know that they're
doing it, or have been trained in how to use them. Any competitive poker
player uses all of these techniques in every game, but they aren't
necessarily *aware* that they're using them.