<snip>
> I am aware that she probably thought it was funny,
> in a putdown sorta way.  I am also aware of the
> hundreds of posts she has written over the years on
> the value of consistency and her need to hear the
> *same* answer every time.  That's why she likes
> Maharishi.  She can't deal with teachers (to say
> nothing of lowlives like ourselves) who deal in
> contradictions and have different answers to life's
> questions, depending on the state of attention or
> POV that is in operation at the time.  I was poking
> fun at that.  It's probably one of those "you have
> to have been there" kinda things...

Barry can say this only because you guys *haven't*
been there.  If you had, you would have seen hundreds
of posts from me over the years that positively
*revel* in contradictions, including those in MMY's
teaching.  I've said many times I wished MMY would
make more of the contradictions than he does.

Barry and I have had many exchanges on this very
topic, so it isn't as though he'd missed those
posts.

There is, of course, also a value to consistency,
in its place.  The irony here is that Barry is
having trouble dealing with the apparent contradiction
of someone valuing consistency, on the one hand, and
valuing paradox, on the other.