I've found the perfect solution to scary plane rides. Humorous books! Think
about it. If you're plummeting to the earth, wouldn't you rather be laughing
than screaming in terror during your last seconds alive?

Anyway, quite some time ago Marek recommended a book titled The Antidote:
Happiness For People Who Can't Stand Positive Thinking by Oliver Burkeman.
Loving the title I purchased that book and another of his: Help! This latter I
read during my last trip east and laughed my head off. And The Antidote I began
yesterday. Not quite as funny as Help! but funny enough and both books full of
wonderful insights based on his own observations and also science and the
observations and insights of others. For example, for The Antidote he
interviewed the famous psychologist Dr. Ellis, once voted even more important
than Freud!

Burkeman also talks about Seneca and Marcus Aurelius and Xeno and the original
Stoics. He also devotes a whole chapter on Buddhism and being the sky cuz the
weather just comes and goes. There's also a wonderful chapter, full of
research, about the futility and even harm of setting goals. And a wonderfully
light hearted chapter about his fascinating interview with Eckhart Tolle.

Ok, my ride to my Mom's will be here soon. Maybe more later. Remember to be the
sky cuz the weather will just come and go anyway (-: