Denims are durable - you can wash them hundreds of times and they just get more and more comfy. But, you're right about wearing them in the heat and the cold. There's nothing like soft cords for comfort and warmth! I used to have a nice brown cord sports coat with leather on the elbows, but I wore it out and so I left it in a Goodwill donation box back in 1995.

Another thing that is real popular around here are Wrangler denim shirts with snaps instead of buttons, available at Shepler's Western Store.

Maybe I should get a new hat to wear - one of the most popular places to get hats of all kinds is at 'Paris Hatters' in downtown San Antonio - Stetson, Panama, and Resitol, (family owned and operated since 1917).

http://www.yelp.com/biz/paris-hatters-san-antonio

I'm thinking about getting a hat like Jack Hannah wears at the Columbus Zoo and on TV - an Indy Jones type hat and some khaki cargo pants and shirts (with the shoulder flaps for carrying a camera) at Banana Republic.