“There is a broad scientific consensus that to keep global warming in check, we
need to phase out 80 percent of all oil, coal and natural gas by mid-century.
President Obama has set a nonbinding target to do precisely that.”

http://www.npr.org/2013/11/30/247519058/tech-leaders-economists-split-over-clean-energys-prospects

http://www.npr.org/2013/11/30/247519058/tech-leaders-economists-split-over-clean-energys-prospects

---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <Buck> wrote:

 Fighting materialism through transcending meditation is the sustainable
happiness residing between the wont of too little and too much.
 Sat, Chit, Ananda. Rishi, Devata, Chandas. A consciousness-based life,
 it is, my friends, the only sustainable happiness we can pursue.
 Versus the excesses on earth of our heedlessness and material-isms.
 Make use of our time on planet earth,
 have a wonder-filled Thanksgiving in meditation today,
 -Buck

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <Buck> wrote:

 Purposeful Simplicity.
 Living Lightly on the Earth,

 a rhetorical call to meditation:
 Professor David Shi,
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DE9qBNMaFY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DE9qBNMaFY

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <Buck> wrote:

 Whose adorning, let it not be that outward adorning of
 plaiting the hair, and of wearing gold, or of putting on of
 [frivolous and ostentatious] apparel; But let it be the hidden man of the
heart, in that
 which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and
 quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God [the Unified Field]
 of great price.
 Pet.

 3:3-4.

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <Buck> wrote:

 Yes, all of this will have to change in a brave new world of climate change
coming.

 We will all need to sacrifice. Look, we need not just some incremental change
in some efficiency but it is time for revolutionary lifestyle change based on
large thinking and science. I feel we should immediately and institute
quiet-time meditations in all schools everywhere. Start with the children as
students. Then also in all public workplaces. -Buck

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <awoelflebater@...> wrote:

 I have a better idea: start by becoming a vegetarian if what Richard says is
to be believed (and I believe it). If one is going to meditate perhaps we
should do so in a house that does not require heat or air conditioning. That
would mean moving to a more temperate climate. Do you eat meat Buck? Do you
drive a car or tractor? Do you heat your home? Do you consume anything not made
within 5 miles of where you live? Do you ever travel to faraway places to see
"saints"? I'd like to be able to say your simplistic and elegant "solution" of
meditating for two hours a day was going to solve all this but, alas, I fear
you may have missed the proverbial mark.

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <Buck> wrote:

 Well, as a substantial resolution we should all be investing in energy
efficient sustainable group meditation meeting homes for quiet-time meditations
where people live, go to school, or work. Pay people to do a full two hour
meditation program twice a day during the workday. We could achieve upwards of
50 percent reduction in emission of climate change greenhouse gases. Somehow we
have to get back to much simpler standards of living for the benefit of all
living beings. We need to attack rampant materialism somewhere. It should start
with instituting quiet-time meditation for everyone. -Buck

 ---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <punditster@...> wrote:

 Maybe you forgot to mention all the animal flatulence out back in your barn?

 "Livestock also produces more than 100 other polluting gases, including more
than two-thirds of the world's emissions of ammonia, one of the main causes of
acid rain."

 http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/climate-change/
http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/climate-change/cow-emissions-more-damaging-to-planet-than-co2-from-cars-427843.html