I have no intention of trying to "dialog" with Richard, but my posts are not
the only ones that have in many cases lacked quotes from the posts they were
responding to. It seems to be a brand-new Neo glitch. I never delete all of the
quote, and I doubt anyone else does either.

 There's a very clunky workaround if you want to see what someone was
responding to when the quote from the post has disappeared: Click "Show all
messages in this topic" beneath the current post, then when it tells you how
many messages there are, click the down arrow to the right. That will give you
a list of the most recent posts in that thread. One of the posts near the end
of the list, or at the end, will be the one the person is responding to.
Usually it's not that hard to figure out which one it is from the context.

 When you're done and go back to the Conversations view, you'll be in the
"Topics" list, so you'll need to click "Messages" to get the chronological list
back.

 How to ensure that the quotes you've left in show up, I'm not sure. Sometimes
they do, sometimes they don't. I think it helps if you delete Neo's attribution
line for the post you're responding to and type in your own, like this:

 Richard wrote:

 > It's not that I don't want to dialog with Judy, but sometimes I don't even
 > know what she is talking about.

 Sometimes she doesn't even make any sense. Lately her messages don't even have
a quote under her message so we can tell exactly what it is she is referring
to. Maybe it's time to review the internet protocol for formatting a proper
reply for a message board reply:

 1. Always include the quote you are replying to.
 2. Snip the message you are quoting so that respondents know what it is you're
not replying to.
 3. Try to stay on topic.
 4. Avoid hyperbole and flaming your debating opponent.
 5. Be nice and not mean - this is a chat room.