Spot on. Awful! I can hardly watch anything BBC these days.

 But am very much enjoying this Spanish historical romp about Isabel 1st and
Ferdinand 2nd:
 http://www.sky.com/tv/show/isabel http://www.sky.com/tv/show/isabel

 It's a Spanish produced historical fiction television series filmed in Spain,
directed by Jordi Frades and produced for national broadcaster TelevisiĆ³n
EspaƱola.

 Can you get it?

 In our household we are 16th century all-things-Tudor fans (save "The Tudors"
LOL). Henry VIII's wife Catherine of Aragon was Isabel 1's daughter, so it
gives a different perspective (relative to our neck of the woods).

 Perhaps we need her ilk to be reborn: "She reorganized the governmental
system, brought the crime rate to the lowest it had been in years, and
unburdened the kingdom of the enormous debt her brother had left behind" [Wiki}

 (Delivered under NEO sufferance & torture)