After a year of messy contemplation, I just purchased a used 32' RV, using my
sense of smell - Self-contained (you can save about $80,000 by buying used,
with lo miles).  Phase two is purchasing ~5 to 10 acres of land in the Sierra
foothills, or south of here. Phase three is to buy, and construct a big quonset
hut studio (>1000 sq ft.) - they come in kits. I like the convenience of urban
areas, and am keeping the house I have, but I really crave a place of solitude,
also, where I can immerse myself in the religion of art, without the dogma -
painting the stars at 3 AM, etc.:-)