---In fairfieldlife@yahoogroups.com, <no_re...@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

 After a year of messy contemplation, I just purchased a used 32' RV, using my
sense of smell - Self-contained (you can save about $80,000 by buying used,
with lo miles).  Phase two is purchasing ~5 to 10 acres of land in the Sierra
foothills, or south of here. Phase three is to buy, and construct a big quonset
hut studio (>1000 sq ft.) - they come in kits. I like the convenience of urban
areas, and am keeping the house I have, but I really crave a place of solitude,
also, where I can immerse myself in the religion of art, without the dogma -
painting the stars at 3 AM, etc.:-)

 I simply find that the thought of ever living in the US again rather daunting.
I have not actually lived in the States since 1984 and even then it was only
for about 11 years (from 1973 - 1984) since I had moved away to Europe
initially at 9 years old and lived there until I was 17. I think what really
did it for me was 9/11 because since then I have come to realize that there is
so much misplaced patriotism and fear. Both of these things seem to have
created a very selfish and paranoid type of citizen that I find depressing and
even suppressing. There is this strange feeling of narrow mindedness in many
quarters and it sort of scares me and makes me think the US is not long for
this world - lack of real vision and broad mindedness can lead to the demise of
things and people. I am sure my thoughts here will piss some of you off but
there you have it.