--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, ultrarishi  wrote:

> This was an outstanding series.  It's a shame that we have to resort
to things like bit torrent to view awesome television like this in the
US.  These moronic IP, trade pacts, and just plain old Hollywood
nonesense prevents us from getting quality programming until too late.

> I was very much pleased by both seasons and totally left wasted by the
ending of Season 2.

Thanks so much for weighing in on this. I sometimes wonder if anyone has
gotten to see any of these Euro classics I report on from time to time.
It is a damned shame that the marketeers keep them from being seen in
their original versions.

As I've said, I gave up on the American ripoff version after two
episodes. It's not that Dianne Kruger is a bad actress, just that she
simply is not in Sofia Helin's league. And the writers of the US version
managed to take everything subtle about the original series and turn it
gross and in-your-face and...well...American.

Watching the original is a very different experience. The writing, the
music, the photography (with its images of the bleak but beautiful
Danish and Swedish landscapes and cityscapes) -- all are superb.

But it's really the acting that makes this series so formidable. I can
say without hesitation that I have probably not seen "duo acting" of
this caliber since the early days of Ingmar Bergman working with Liv
Ullmann and Max Von Sydow. As noted before, Sofia Helin is beyond
amazing as Saga Noren, portraying one of the most complex and touching
characters I've ever seen onscreen.

But her work is complimented by Kim Bodnia as Martin Rhode. Martin is as
generally outgoing (but with problems) as the Danish cop as Saga is
distant and unemotional (but with even more problems) as the Swedish
cop. The bond that forms between the two of them is tangible, and
touching. Martin becomes literally Saga's only friend, because she is
emotionally incapable of forming relationships with anyone else. And
that, of course, leads to the feeling you had at the end of season 2.

The Wikipedia page on Bron-Broen (WARNING: Avoid the Plot sections for
each season if you plan to see the series, because they're full of
spoilers) says that a season 3 is in the works. I can hardly wait...