Thanks for the tips! We love avocados and they are very popular around here - we call it "guacamole" - avocado with lemon juice mixed in. It's very good on chalupas. We prefer whole wheat tortillas and Pace Picante sauce made here in San Antonio. Now that I've explained my recipe for boiling water, here is my recipe for cooking brown rice:

Ingredients:

1 cup of short grain, organic brown rice.
2 cups of filtered water.

Wash the brown rice.
Then, put the rice into a pan with a lid (preferably a Reverware pan with a copper bottom).
Bring the rice to a boil, then put on simmer for about twenty minutes.
Note: Do not take the lid off before the rice is fully cooked. Use a timer if necessary.
Serve with organic Tamari soy sauce, San-J Shoyu.