Judy and noozguru, I think music for a movie is simply another art form, best
appreciated on its own merits rather than compared to another context of
musical creation.  When I think of some of the wonderful music I've encountered
in movies, I only feel gratitude to those who created it. One of the first
movies to bring my attention to its score was Chariots of Fire with its
compositions by Vangelis, who also wrote the haunting music for Year of Living
Dangerously. Also the music by Maurice Jarre in Peter Weir's Witness. I could
go on and on but only want to honor the composers who wrote such incredible
works even though they knew their sounds might play second fiddle to the
visuals.

On Thursday, December 12, 2013 6:36 PM, "authfri...@yahoo.com"