In other words, "Even though I made only 14 fewer posts than Richard,
*he* is out of control, and I'm not. You should censor *him* and not me.
Because I say so."  :-)

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,  wrote:

> A few "thumbs-up" posts aren't a problem. It's when someone seems to
feel that a large percentage of the posts need a "thumbs-up," without
adding much else, that it begins to become tiresome. Folks need to be at
least somewhat selective.

>  In any case, while I don't want to go back to posting limits, the
current situation, in which one particular poster has gone completely
out of control, really is disruptive and unpleasant, especially when so
many of his posts are meaningless trolls. That does not qualify as
"natural," IMHO.

>  Seraphita wrote:
>
>  << This worrying about the amount of posts an individual sends in a
week bemuses me. There are many conversations on FFL when you just want
to give a thumbs up to show you appreciated a particular comment. It's
like saying "Absolutely!" or "Well said!" in a real-life conversation.
With post limits in place everyone will keep their powder dry for a
lengthy dissertation in response to someone's comment. Let's keep it
natural. >>