snipped:
 when I am only here and now and nowhere elseĀ—then, and only
 then, do I see the crippling power of mind, the curse of thought,
 and I pause and wonder why I so seldom find
 this shining moment in the now.

Tom T: When I moved to FF I went from working a phone where I had been
a very good sales person. I ended up takin a job as a handyman fixing
up rental apartments for an organization that liked to squeeze their
nickles. I discovered a part of me that I never knew existed. In the
words of Ramesh Balsekar I discoverd "Working Mind". This would be in
direct contrast to "Thinking Mind". Working Mind is the part of us
that is only concerned as to where to put the paint roller or paint
brush in the very next moment. Hours spent painting were effortless,
mindless and the time passed almost too quickly. It may not be
everyones path but it sure broke the old pattern of trying to be "on"
all the time and having to be on the alert for the next phone call
incoming or outgoing. The 30 year history of working a phone had left
me with no appreciation of mindless, uncomplicated workdone with my
hands and the total concentration on where to best put the paint
roller. It also broke some ego conflicts about how special I was. Tom T