---In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, <mdixon.6569@...> wrote:

 It doesn't doesn't hurt them at all. It might even enhance their natural
skills with different technique. Most biologists say that 70% of raptors die
their first year form disease, accidents, starvation or other predators.  About
40% die their second year.She had worms when I caught her and they've been
eliminated. Maybe I've increased her chances of survival. Letting them go for
return migration is a tradition among many falconers, especially with the
Tundra Peregrines. They are a pain in the arss to moult. They need a lot of
extra sun light to stimulate the hormones for that and they only get it in the
Arctic during the summer.< Don't have a digital camera right now but when I get
one or somebody gets a good pic of mine I'll post them. < Can't stand this new
Yahoo format. Can't tell who's posting what and who's responding. I'll get it
figure out sooner later.

 Hey MIke, it's wonderful to read what you have to say about your raptors. You
are obviously very well-versed in your "hobby" and it shows. I always love to
read what others have to say about their dealings with animals, especially if
they are wild animals which, let's face it, eagles, falcons and hawks certainly
are. I would imagine one would also have to be very brave to handle them
because they will never, ever truly be tame. I would think you would have to
earn a certain degree of respect from them as well as trust in order to handle
them day to day. You also would have to have watched and learned over a long
period of time how to read them and understand what they are all about. It is
not a realm I have ever dealt with in terms of pure predatory power which they
possess. I, personally, would never call them "critters", it makes them sound
like opossums, raccoons or muskrats.

 On Wednesday, December 25, 2013 3:52 PM, "authfriend@..." <authfriend@...>